
Last Friday, 17 December 2010, my friends and I went to "Sub City Rockers" at The Substation to support Sheilah's sister who is performing at "The Balcony". Before that she went to collect the prime lens that she rented. It turns out that she rented the wrong type of lens as she could only afford to use the screw types instead of the normal ones. Luckily, I brought my camera along and I was excited to have 24mm f/1.4 on my camera for the whole night, for the first time. So Sheilah and I took turns.

It kind of dampened us when we got to know that the free performance was actually a video screening. Kind of the musicians are on the 3rd floor and we are on the first. On the 1st floor there was a projection of what was happening upstairs.

Aside from that, we came too early because Seyra's slot only begin at 11pm and we are stuck outside since 8pm or so. By the time there was Ifix, Farhan, Zul, Sheilah, Huda and me. I later met Irfan, Hazwan, Norah and Shafu and this SP guy who wears a coat to school that night.

We settled down at the doorsteps of the Peranakan Museum while we decided on what to do. I simply love how the colours on this picture turn out to be, even though I'm not sure what the composition was suppose to mean. Oh speaking of which, these photos are not edited because I AM LAZY AND I HAVE LIMITED TIME thanks. :)

I notice how I always tend to do this when it comes to dealing with new lens. Habit though. And that's not a mole. Its a splinter which got stuck somewhere around this year.

And I was kind of surprised that most of the pictures are slightly out of focus. Maybe it was
this picture of a fly I took last time that I became overly particular about focusing. Maybe I've degraded. Anyway I still have to work on it.

Looking at this picture now reminds me of this
video.

And we waited and waited and waited and eventually got bored because honestly, we weren't really familiar with that place and nothing is interesting. So...

We checked out the museum. Turns out that it was free admission for us students. Right lens and right place at the right time. Hehe.

Checked in. And GOOOOO. Cos we only have 25 minutes before the museum closes.

Not that we are really interested but hey, we were going nowhere out there by the streets. heh. I must admit that I have yet to brush up on my skills. The focus and composition wasn't that proper. I'm not satisfied myself. But at least its better than having nothing.













Later that night we did catch Lunar Node and Cesspit and Seyra. Lunar Node was really really tight and awesome. Cesspit was playful but messy but everyone had fun. Seyra, well I still have to listen some more to really appreciate the genre and style. Sorry :/
Anyway I didn't get the packing job offer. Tomorrow is our BBQ. I stuck on my flash. I'm prepared to get panda eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment